Looking for the coolest summer internship out there?
Spend all summer on the lake and gain valuable experience STARTING YOUR OWN BUSINESS in one of the hottest boat rental markets in the country!
Water Walkers is excited to announce two internship opportunities for local college students majoring in business or a related field! Operating under the oversight of Water Walkers’ leadership, the interns will gain real world experience running their own businesses and helping WW at the same time.
Water Walkers owns two boats for its summer water sports program on Percy Priest Lake. To maximize the availability of the boats, WW is implementing a social entrepreneurship opportunity. The boats can be rented to groups and families when not being used by WW. But we need help with those operations from March 15 – September 15.
Compensation will be discussed during interview process.
If you are interested, consider these
opportunities and benefits...
What you get to do and learn
- Serve as the CEO of your own boat rental business
- Staff, operate, and grow the business while impacting a local neighborhood
- Develop your own team
- Lead weekly team business reviews
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy
- Learn how to generate a monthly P&L statement
- Present business plans to a board of directors quarterly
- Support underserved youth in Nashville
How you benefit
- Receive hands-on experience managing a local student-run business
- Develop an entrepreneurial mindset
- Learn key marketing skills
- Learn public speaking and presentation skills
- Help other student leaders grow and develop their business skills
- Achieve better academic & career outcomes
- Become more competitive in the job market after graduation
- See how your work provides life-changing opportunities for Nashville youth